It came as a response to various problems and challenges of our world and launched by diverse worldwide organizations in various global competitions (some awarded, some not, some sold, some not (yet)).
Some where developed by just observing holes in markets and markets in holes, so without any given reason – just because of my passion for entrepreneurship and problem solving; to be there for later, for inspiration or for when their time comes.
My latest dreams and aspirations go around getting the opportunity to be part of their development and implementation and reach that point of living from problem solving -:)
For the records, this is My InnoCentive Public Solver Profile.
Categories – Problem Solving Portfolio
I. MEDICAL & PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY / GLOBAL HEALTH
1. Winning Solution Awarded: Broadening opportunities towards global health: e-business modeling and business strategies.
Problem required: Models for sourcing regional databases for patients suffering of diabetes.
(The seeker organization plays in the healthcare & medical industry and it launched the challenge inside the well known US open innovation platform Innocentive. By confidentiality agreement the organization’s name can’t be displayed in this case but all details can be confirmed by the US company InnoCentive.)
About the problem: To build a globally scaled online platform food database and to provide a set of strategic and operational implementation plans – in order for people with diabetes to benefit from understanding and learning the effect of what they eat on their blood glucose level.
Solution: “Broadening Opportunities about Global Health” – I took the risk and changed the initial vision and premise and broaden the Seeker’s concern towards people suffering not only of diabetes but also of other more or less complementary diseases.
2. European Business Model for Costumer – Driven Regulated Markets. Complete business model of a regional business structure for a specific well known company in healthcare industry, organigrams, diagrams, operational flux, personnel structure, roles, functions, outside and inside relationships of the structure, advantages vs national business structures, model’s integration in today’s global risks and challenges, strategies.
3. Healthcare Information Economy – created for The Economist & InnoCentive challenge: healthcare systems in the next 10 to 30 years based on the huge information technology data.
4. Collaborative Activist Network for Better Healthcare – building a large-scale (at least 5 million members) collaborative activist network/coalition of citizens (patients and patient advocates) that will educate the public and will help create broad demand and support for the further development of data sharing tools that better inform health care decision making. To generate innovative ideas for creating an activist network of patients, medical professionals, and the general public, focused on promoting a health system based on patient outcome data (based on EHR=Electronic Heath Records).
5. Medical Device Market Access Models for India : strategy challenge (marketing and operational) for entering Indian market with some medical devices and targeting low and medium income population.
6. Increasing people’s ability to start and stay on tasks – challenge related to healthcare system loosing billions of dollars partially because of this identified issue. (US Statistics show that 30% of patients don’t take their medicine prescribed and 50% don’t fill their prescription after the first round).
7. Predicting the Future of Healthcare: Science Fiction Stories Wanted – predicting the future of healthcare for the next 20-100 years. My solution took the form of a film script.
II. EXECUTIVE SOFTWARE / MOBILE APPS / ONLINE/ ENTREPRENEURSHIP
8. Crisis Management Software – Application Concept Modeling – Created in time from passion for management and efficiency and it’s based on the latest international research in the area of top executives needs of software (implementation and control), accumulated experience & vision; concept that correlates outside crises with inside crisis and various crises with operational, financial and management accounting area.
9. Accounting online platform – a missing puzzle piece between clients and independent accounting experts / consultancy accounting offices (tech-application)
10. Judicial & Lawyers online platform – an e-business concept that comes between lawyers, magistrates and clients/people facing trials in courts.
11. Real Estate e-market: online business concept for unlock and grow real estate markets; model matrix designed to be replicated also for other blocked markets or markets in decline without major modifications.
12. Communication Platform to Connect Vulnerable Communities with Climate Change Solutions – communication platform that highlights community needs and helps governments and businesses respond to that demand. Ultimately, the platform creates strong connections and shares market intelligence to enable locally-appropriate solutions in vulnerable communities. (globally scaled e-platform)
13. Open Innovation App – for both seekers and solvers to experience new stories regarding challenges and problem solving (Proposal: Dilemma App)
14. The Economist – InnoCentive Entrepreneurship Challenge: Disruptive Innovations – the next great thing.
III. COMMON GOOD (social business & social entrepreneurship)
15. Social Business Tour 2010 – innovative social-business modeling.
Short description: Awarded finalist social-business project called “A good house for bad times” for innovative business model using a conventional engineering technology in order to provide cheap & decent housing possibilities for low income people. The competition took place in Central and Eastern Europe and it was hold separately in each country under the form of a tour – organized by Erste Group and Muhammad Yunus (Nobel Prized Winner for social business economic model).
16. Turning a confiscated Camora Villa into a social-business, social innovation – Naples, Italy (2 solutions provided)
17. Making an abandoned Roman bath accessible and sustainable, social innovation – Naples, Italy (2 solutions provided)
18. AARP Foundation / InnoCentive: Drive to End hunger – Elimination of Food Deserts
19. AARP Foundation / InnoCentive: Drive to End hunger – Sustainable Solutions
18 & 19: both focused to end hunger and food vulnerability among 50+ population, looking for self-sufficient long term concepts and plans for solving this problem in USA.
20. Systems to Monitor Institutional Corruption – based on the fact that so many corrupting forces are legal and not necessarily unethical within the relevant institution; data is challenging to collect and traditional ways of monitoring corrupting forces such as watchdog groups, regulatory agencies , and the media can be vulnerable to conflicts of interest themselves – to develop an innovative system or tool that will facilitate the detection and aggregation of information regarding corrupting forces within institutions in a way that is easily accessible and useful to relevant constituencies. (Seeker organization – the Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University) (globally scaled e-platform proposed solution)
21. Mechanisms to motivate government transparency (based on the recent examples around the world that have highlighted the need for governments to connect with citizens – to discover innovative ways to motivate governments to engage in productive open discourse with citizens. Launched by The Economist for their Ideas Economy Innovation event which will be held in Berkeley, California, USA on March 28, 2012). (socio-political reality show proposal – globally scaled)
V. ENTERTAINMENT & EVENTS:
22. TV Show – Business Entertainment format – TV show having as main start-up premise to be a crisis financial management strategy & instrument for a few players involved in the concept: TV stations, advertising companies, corporate, events production, the end users and for the most affected business budgets: Marketing, HR personnel strategies, Advertising and PR.
23. The Next Great Science Exhibition – Boston Museum, USA – unique exhibition concept for science museum (fix and mobile) exhibition.
(to be continued)